Facts about Video Poker
1. Video pokers true odds are identical to the
odds when playing with a real shuffled deck.
2. Some video poker games have positive expectation
for the player, but only when a player bets maximum coins and periodically
wins a royal flush. The chance of hitting a royal flush is about
1 in 40,000.
3. You should carefully check the entire pay table
on a video poker machine before playing. Some machines pay slightly
fewer coins on selected hands.
4. 9/6 Jacks or Better is a good game but may
be hard to find. Beware of imitation machines that have lower paybacks.
5. Optimal strategies change when a pay table
changes. Be sure you're playing the right strategy for a particular
video poker game.
6. High paying machines tent to be more "streaky"
with wins and losses. This is not a function of the RNG, but a function
of the pay table.
7. Video poker and slots are identical when it
comes to practical issues like handling money and avoiding confusion.